We have selected a number of other websites and articles that you may find helpful.
University Extension Services
- Purdue University Extension Website. This website provides many useful bed bug resources particularly for those who are educating others about bed bugs. A note of caution: this website contains a video that shows a person using diatomaceous earth on furniture as a bed bug control method, we would recommend against this method as diatomaceous earth can be an inhalation hazard.
- University of Kentucky Available in English and Spanish. Includes descriptions, information and control tips.
- Rutgers New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station Control Information organized by audience. Includes PowerPoint presentations, videos and photographs.
State and Federal Goverment Services
- Armed Forces Pest Management Board Article “Bed Bugs 101: The Basics of Cimex Lectularius” (PDF)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Bed Bug website Includes resources for health professionals, frequently asked questions, biology and publications.
- EPA bed bug page. The Environmental Protection Agencies bed bug information page provides pictures and information on bed bugs and bed bug treatment options.
- Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Factsheets in both English and Spanish and presentations by Dr. Dini Miller on bed bug prevention and control.
City and County Public Health
- The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Bed Bugs Information and resources includes videos, animations and information in multiple languages.
- Ramsey County Public Health Website This webpage includes basic bed bug information in English, Hmong, Karen, Somali and Spanish.
- HOMEline A non profit Minnesota Statewide tenant advocacy organization
- Integrated Pest Management in Multifamily Housing Blog IPM information and resources for people working to manage pests in low income housing.
- National Pesticide Information Center Provides information on all types of pesticides including specific information on bed bugs.
- National Pest Management Association. Use the “find a pro” section of this website to find licensed Pest Management Professionals.
- National Entomology Scent Detection Canine Association Accredits and certifies bed bug detecting dogs and their handlers.
- What’s working for Bed Bug Control in Multifamily Housing: Reconciling best practices with research and the realities of implementation (PDF) National Center for Healthy Housing report on bed bug management in multifamily housing.
If you follow these links you are leaving the University of Minnesota’s Let’s Beat the Bug! page and accessing a third-party site. We have provided these links because they provide additional information that may be useful or interesting. We cannot attest to the accuracy of non-UMN information provided by these third party sites or any other linked site. UMN is providing these links for your reference. In doing so, UMN does not endorse these sites.