Retail Facilities should have the following documents on hand for response to bed bug incidences:
Retail Facilities should keep the following items on hand to assist with bed bug response:
- Plastic tubs or large plastic bags; these can be used to isolate items that may have a bed bug infestation.
- Sticky tape and small Ziploc style plastic bags; these items can be used to capture specimens to be identified by a professional.
- A notebook or log to keep records; keeping records of when and where bed bugs are sighted or suspected will assist the Pest Management Professional who is treating the building.
- Flashlight; which can be used for conducting inspections of areas or items that are suspected of having a bed bug infestation.
- A vacuum for capturing bed bugs, see Vacuuming to Capture Bed Bugs.